E3 Revisited: How Many Games Actually Came Out?
It's that time of year when we're about to get bombarded by game of year articles and podcasts, which means 2016 is finally coming to a close.
Let's think back to E3 when SO MANY games were shown off with a 2016 scheduled release date. At the time I put out an article and a poll asking readers how many of the listed games would be delayed. The majority said 5 or 6 game would be 2017 titles, so let's see if you were right...
- Madden 17 - YES
- FIFA 17 - YES and it's now in every Xbox One bundle
- Battlefield 1 - YES
- Titanfall 2 - YES
- Skyrim Special Edition - YES
- Dishonored 2 - YES
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends - YES on PC only so far
- Inside - YES and a potential GOTY
- We Happy Few - YES and recently even got an update
- Xbox One S - YES. It even went on to help Xbox Ones outsell the PS4 for a while
- ReCore - YES
- Forza Horizon 3 - YES
- Gwent Standalone Card Game - NO, still in beta
- Mafia III - YES
- Gears of War 4 - YES
- Dead Rising 4 - YES
- Grow Up - YES
- Watch Dogs 2 - YES
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole - NO, delayed but they did release a new trailer
- Steep - YES
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - YES
- Final Fantasy XV - YES
- The Last Guardian - YES FINALLY
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - YES
- Pokemon Sun and Moon - YES
All in all it seems like you lot are a pessimistic bunch, and I love it. Gamers have been screwed over on game releases for years now, but miraculously only 2 out of 25 titles are yet to have a full release. I'm as surprised as you are!